|Service parts in stock and ready to ship.|
We have provided the following technical information from Lexmark to help you resolve printer errors. For additional assistance, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Error Codes 910, 911, 912, 913, 914
If this is the first time you have seen this error, do the following:
- Power off the printer.
- Remove all installed paper trays.
- Make sure the paper is loaded correctly in each tray. If it is not, reload the paper into that tray.
- Look up into the printer where the paper tray slides in and out. Check the feed (autocompensator) assembly for any damage.
- If everything is fine, reinstall the tray and power on the printer.
- Try printing a few print jobs.
- If the error does not return, continue using the printer as before. Keep an eye on it for the next few days. If the error does not return, it may have been an isolated incident.
- If the error returns just as soon as you power on the printer or when you try to print again, you will need to find out which paper tray/paper source is causing the problem.
- If the printer has only the one integrated paper tray, the problem will be with either the tray 1 pick arm/autocompensator assembly or the printer's engine/system board.
- If the printer has more than one paper tray installed, try printing from each paper tray one at a time. The best way to do this is to have all of the paper trays empty and then proceed as follows:
- Put paper in tray 1 only.
- Print from tray 1.
- If tray 1 works fine, empty tray 1 and put paper in tray 2 and so on until you encounter the error message.
- If you receive the error when printing from one particular tray, power off the printer to clear the error.
- Power the printer back on.
- Skip the faulty paper feed slot and move on to the next one (if another one is present). If you can print from all but one of the paper trays, this is the source of the problem.
If you have extra paper trays/drawer units installed and the error occurs from only one particular source, there are some things you can do as a temporary fix.
- If the error is occurring from an OPTIONAL paper drawer/source, power off the printer and remove the defective drawer from the printer. You will then need to set up the printer to print from a different tray. For information on removing an optional drawer, click here.
- If the error is occurring from the integrated paper tray (tray 1) AND you have optional paper trays installed, take all of the paper out of tray 1 but leave tray 1 installed. Set up the printer to print from one of the other paper tray sources (tray 2, tray 3, multi-purpose feeder, etc.).
If you are a technician working on a printer with one of these errors:
- If the source of the problem is tray 1, check the tray 1 pick arm/autocompensator assembly unit first. It is the most likely cause of the problem, followed by the engine/system board.
- If the source of the problem is one of the optional paper trays/drawers, do the following:
- Check the pick arm/autocompensator unit of that particular drawer option first.
- Follow that by checking the autoconnect cables and connectors on the drawer option and the printer for any signs of damage. Replace if necessary.
- Check the cables for continuity. If incorrect, replace those cables.
- If the cables, connectors and connections are good, replace the option system card and then the main printer's engine/system board.
Source: Lexmark KnowledgeBase